Monday, 5 January 2015

2015 | My Personal Goals


N E W  Y E A R S  R E S O L U T I O N
As we close the doors for 2014 and welcome 2015 with open arms, it's nice to have a fresh new start and set goals to challenge us throughout the year. I felt to write my New Years Resolutions, well, more like a change of lifestyle. I never really set goals for myself, however, this year, I felt like it was time for a change.  A good change. Hopefully I'll stick to most (or at least one) till the end of the year!



P e r s o n a l  G o a l s  


MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE & A FITNESS ROUTINE

This is pprobablythe most popular new years' resolution! I did start my fitness and lifestyle change earlier (24th January) as I wanted a head start, and mainly because I was just motivated to do it. It doesn't matter if you're early or late. There's no set time to start. Just start! I don't drink that much water. Hopefully, this year will change, favorably, I always loved  ice-cold water, even in the winter, it's just remembering to put the jug in the fridge. For Christmas, I also got a smoothie maker from my mother-in-law, which means more fruits, more veggies, more yummy healthy snacks/lunches and maybe a few recipes for the blog!
I also purchased a treadmill, yup! I was spending nearly £52 a month for gym membership and Argos was having a sale (4 months of gym prices equals a treadmill) so I went for it, cancelled my membership and grabbed that machine with open arms. My room is officially a gym with a bed lol As you can seem I'm all set. Now, time to maintain.


FAMILY TIME

I am very, very, very family-orientated. I guess, growing up in a big Asian family, it's just the norm to celebrate anything and everything with family all around. Cooked a lot for dinner? The whole family's over. Bored? The whole family's over. As I am now a mum, I also want to carry on the tradition of always having family around and doing everything as a loving, supportive unit.


FIND AND MAINTAIN A GOOD SKINCARE ROUTINE

My skin has been terribly dry this season. it's the worse its ever been! I am still on the look out for new products that suit my skin type. I also would love to keep a consistent facial routine day and night as I also want to try and not wear makeup every day.


SAY "YES" TO MORE OPPORTUNITIES

I suffer from anxiety and occasionally agoraphobia, so I lack the confidence to say "yes" to a lot of opportunities. I tend to psyche myself out stuff for no reason. Finally, last year, I attended a blogger event where I had so much fun and met so many amazing people! I would love to and attend more and more as I get comfortable and build my confidence, and maybe once and for all, find a way to suppress my anxiety that stops me from being all that I can be.

ALWAYS SAY TRUE TO MYSELF & GAIN CONFDENCE
Besides my anxiety, I also have body issues. As a plus-size young woman, in a society where bootys, boobies and tiny waists are a "thing," it is hard to find the confidence. Well, it was. Since having a child and finding a more positive outlook in life, I am on my journey to finding the inner-confidence to not care about whats others' think.


My biggest resolution, not only for this year, is to teach my daughter to be herself - by setting a good example throughout her life.

FIND A JOB

It's that time to start finding a job to care of my family, especially now that we have our own home. I feel that this year is filled with so many opportunities, and of course, obstacles to overcome. It is hard to find a job these days, but when there's a will, there's a way. And for my family, there's always a way.

What are your New Year Resolutions?
please comment below

I also have a A MAC Lipstick Giveaway (of your choice) HERE