Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Review ♥ Swatches | MAC Lady Danger








T h a t   G i r l   i s   s o ' D a n g e r o u s ' 
Another MAC lipstick for you today! It's that time of the year where celebration and festivities are back to back. My latest red lipstick from MAC is the oh so popular Lady Danger. It's a shade that is very unique in my collection. I am definitely happy with my purchase. I have been eyeing this particular one for years (since, you know, it's pretty much in most beauty "gurus" MAC collection) I am such a sucker for these sugary scented lipsticks - collection slowly growing. I can never have enough MAC lipsticks in my stash... addiction maybe? I think so.

My previous post was also a MAC matte finish. However, The consistency, application and overall finish is not in the slightest bit any similar! MAC Lady Danger is much more creamier and glides onto your lips like silk. Although it is a matte finish, the longevity is shorter than MAC Ruby Woo (retro-mate finish), which doesn't phase me since MAC Lady Danger is much more nourishing. It is surprisingly moisturizing on the lips. YES. A moisturizing matte lipstick from MAC. Insert geeky emoji for that alliteration right thereThe lipstick can stand up to 5 hours. Some lips may vary. The only flaw (a very small flaw) is that the lipstick tends to feather out. however, a good ol' lip liner does the job. 



T h e  S h a d e
Described as a vivid bright, coral-red, on my skin, (NC42) the lipstick actually looks more of an orange-red which is amazing for the summer time when paired with a tan. YASS! This warm-toned shade can suit anyone and everyone. This shade will look different depending on your skintone - a more red tone on lighter complexions and more orange on deeper complexions.
It is such a unique colour and I am so happy I picked this up. Personally, I would wear this shade in the the summer since the fiery-orange-red shade has a warmer undertone - to each their own. Nevertheless, it is one I highly recommend if you're looking for a different, less starlet, yet festive red lipstick for the winter.