Monday, 9 February 2015

REVIEW | YSL ROUGE VOLUPTE LIPSTICK 01 NUDE BEIGE


I've got a sudden splurge for you today. I recently purchased my first high-end lipstick. This chic, gold-cased-bit-of-heaven is none other than the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 01 Nude Beige. I'm not really one for a nude-pink lip since I have a warmer skin tone. MAC NC 42 for reference. However, when I came across this gorgeous piece, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have this in my collection

The packaging is to die for. There's a certain je ne sais quois about gold packaging that scream luxury. Then again, it may just be my love addiction for lipsticks. The lipstick itself is quite weighty which makes it feel amazingly opulent. I adore the design as it has the YSL logo wrapped around the bullet. The colored background behind the logo corresponds with the shade of the lipstick - very helpful when picking a lipstick from a large collection.


There's a sweet-kinda scent (like watermelon) which, thankfully cannot be tasted when applied. The consistency is creamy and very nourishing. The application is smooth and buttery, yet the lipstick keeps it's highly pigmented color. I did feel at times it was too buttery. The lasting-power, sadly, isn't as strong as I would love it to be since the lipstick was on the-pricey-side. The product lasted about 3-4 hours till another application was needed. However, my lips did feel moisturized even after the lipstick faded.

This shades is such an ecclectic colour that can be worn a variety of different ways. This gorgeous nude pink shade can suit all skin tones, especially for paler women. However, for deeper skin tones, I suggest a brown or natural (one shade darker) lip liner as this shade is pale pink with undertones of blue.