Wednesday 21 May 2014

Pink Patent Biker Jacket


Its a "you either love it or hate it" item in my opinion. River Island is giving me life this spring/summer.... There goes my bills. I was drawn to the jacket after searching for a cheaper alternative to the infamous Pastel Zara leather jacket (SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE) so when I came across the River island option, I thought... "YES! find size, CLICK!.. add to bag, CLICK!"
Interested? Make sure to act fast sale stock on a specific item does no last long in-store or on-line. The item was neatly folded and incased in bubble wrap then wrapped again in another plastic packaging.

First impressions
At first I was a bit sceptical about the jacket as the material wasn't as shiny and patent as I anticipated - it was more like a scrunched, soft, padded, plastic feeling.

Try On
After expecting something very different, I didn't want my judgement to change my mind completely. As soon as I slipped my arm into that first sleeve hole, I thought...
"Never judge a book by its cover"

There is a very stretchy cotton-like panel in the inner side of the sleeve that is also a big thumbs up especially for women, like me, that have meatier arms. It is so hard to find jackets that fit my arms correctly - I had an embarrassing accident in the past where the sleeve of my leather jacket had ripped as I was trying to reach something on the top shelf... 

It is super comfortable and a great fit that sits just below the waist - not too short like other biker jackets these days. I've never owned a jacket with this type of material or colour but after trying this on, I may need to break my piggy bank and purchase more biker jackets in different colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment